Russell Security Leadership (undergrad)
Applications take place in April for fall semester and October for spring semester. You must turn in:
- Application form (Spring 2014)
- Official transcript, cover letter and resumé
- Writing sample, from coursework on an international or political topic
Contact: Christopher Tucker
Int’l Security & Nonproliferation (master’s)
ISN is a concentration within the Master of International Policy degree, so be sure to apply to that program. Required materials:
- Fee: $75 for domestic students, $100 for international students
- Two official transcripts from each higher education institution attended (UGA transcripts will be on file)
- Official GRE general test score report
- Online application (with additional material for international students)
CITS holds CBRN security seminar in Indonesia
In May 2012, CITS traveled to Jakarta, Indonesia and held a two-day seminar entitled “Chemical, Biological Radiological and Nuclear Security: Factoring in the Human Element.” The seminar was co-organized and hosted by the National Nuclear Energy Agency of Indonesia (BATAN).
The seminar offered an in-depth look at security culture at Indonesia’s nuclear facilities and tools to improve that culture. It also trained government officials to improve CBRN security by building proactive security procedures, which reduce the risk of CBRN materials being diverted for malicious purposes.
The seminar was attended by more than 50 representatives of various government agencies dealing with CBRN security issues, including BATAN, the National Nuclear Regulatory Agency, CBRN Unit of the Indonesian Army, National Police, Customs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Intelligence Agency, and National Counterterrorism Agency.